Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Nepthi

Today I was re-reading the essays of a favorite artist of mine: Jonathon Earl Bowser and encountered a name that stopped me in my tracks: Nephthys

I don't believe I've given any explanation of the landing address for my blog before, but today it seems I should.

Several years ago I was pondering chakras and all the information around them and I thought that there should be more than seven. I imagined there to be three chakras below the root and three chakras above the crown. Each known chakra has a name in Hindu, so when I diagrammed out the additional six chakras, I let names for them come from wherever information comes.

The very top chakra, the 13th, the spot I considered to be the highest any human could reach, the word that came forth was "Nepthi". Out of curiosity, I've searched the word several times and have not come up with anything specific. It seems to be a name given to some, but other than that I had not found any substantial information. Nonetheless, I liked it enough to use it as the address here - nepthi.blogspot.com

So today as I'm reading and I've come across this name - Nephthys, I immediately recognized it to be akin to Nepthi, the word I made up from nowhere. It refers to an egyptian goddess... so I looked her up. I was quite surprised that what I found out about her is not unlike what I had considered Nepthi to be.

She is depicted with symbols atop her head which seperately represent "Mistress or Lady" and "Sacred Temple Enclosure". One possible meaning of Sacred Temple Enclosure is the temple within each of us, the mustard seed Christ spoke of, or our soul. She is also representative of the gateway entrance to the temple. The door to becoming eternal - more than human.

Also associated with her is the Akhet, depicted by a symbol shaped like a circle in a valley, remeniscent of Omega in the greek alphabet.

It is speculated that the egyptians viewed her as a morbid but crucial force of heavenly transition, she was the path to death and her sister Isis the path to rebirth.

The Akhet is a symbol which is part of the egyptian name for the great pyramid: Akhet Khufu, and the season known as Akhet is when the Nile floods - the season of inundation.

This strikes me more than anything - Jesus spoke of the overflowing waters of life, and clearly refered to something more intangible than water itself. Here we have a goddess, a symbol and a season whose name I had associated with 13 - the Christ - that has ties back to an inundation of water.

I finally found Nephthys after several years of wondering where the name came from, and it turns out she's everything I had associated with that name.

It's possible I had encountered the name before and not remembered it, but I think it unlikely that I'd have learned so much about Nephthys and still not remembered the name. The information I "understood" about the word Nepthi is greater than what I know about Isis, and I've actually studied Isis (I even had a pet bunny I named Isis!) But, regardless of how I came by this information, whether a connection to some unknown source of knowledge or by forgetting I had read the information, I'm happy to finally know what the connection is and have such confirmation of the ideas.

So now you know what Nepthi is :)

No comments:

Post a Comment