Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Chakra Test & Meditation Game

Out of curiosity I took a chakra test as I noticed I've been feeling pretty unbalanced and ungrounded lately. Results:

Root: under-active (-44%)
Sacral: open (12%)
Navel: under-active (-38%)
Heart: open (12%)
Throat: open (56%)
Third Eye: open (44%)
Crown: open (50%)


I've clearly been living in my head entirely too much lately, and basically ignoring everything else. I also feel like I need constant mental stimulation which is probably because my upper 3 are considerably more open than the rest.

It looks like I have some balancing to do!


In other news, I'm going to be trying out the "meditation" game that was partially developed by Deepak Chopra. I'm not a 100% fan of his, but the game looks quite interesting and I think that it could be useful and a relaxing experience. I'll probably post a review here after I get it, probably after the holidays.

I'd really like to see more things like this. One one hand I fully understand that genuine and deep meditation will not be achieved with any type of video, game or product, but on the other hand I think that it could potentially be a useful gateway for those who are either not looking for deep mediation (at that time) or who are quite new to the idea of mediation and can't imagine sitting still and concentrating for even five minutes to start with.

At the moment (and this probably has something to do with those unbalanced chakras), I'm in that very last group. I can zone out, but sitting down to do a focused meditation feels outside the realm of my capabilities right now. Perhaps the game will be useful in balancing?

Hopefully I can post a review by the end of January.

Till next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment