Thursday, August 25, 2011

Change




Artwork © Jonathon Earl Bowser - www.JonathonArt.com

“The superior man acts before he speaks, and afterwards speaks according to his action.” – Confucius

If everyone that complains about the government refused to pay their taxes, it might actually make them listen.

If everyone who posts about their religious beliefs were to donate $5 to the needy each time they post, it would be an active following of those beliefs.

“When I do good, I feel good. When I do bad, I feel bad. That’s my religion.” – Abraham Lincoln

If, instead of stressing about disasters happening in far away places, people stopped when they saw a car on the side of the road in distress or an accident, or helps someone who has too much to carry, or any other random acts of kindness, it can create a hurricane of good will to counteract the forces of nature.

“Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” – Buddha

Instead of cutting someone off or not pausing to let someone pull out onto the road, remember that those actions may save you minutes but they spread ill will and bad moods.

Instead of complaining that someone has irritated or annoyed you, try understanding what was going on with them at the time.

“Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.” – Plato

“A jug fills drop by drop.” – Buddha


People say "be the change you want to see in the world" but we are all too quick to think that just saying something is enough. If we raise awareness, those other people will do the actuall changes and we can sit back and relax, thinking we've done our part by opening our mouths.

The problem is, everyone thinks that... and so few people actually make any change at all. We look to a figurehead to make changes for us but then we complain that the government isn't doing what we wanted them to do.

We complain that our freedoms are being limited and then we complain when someone exercises their own freedom in a way we don't agree with.

“The gem cannot be polished without friction, nor man perfected without trials.” – Chinese Proverb

The lovely painting I've added to this post is by one of my favorite artists - Jonathon Earl Bowser. It's title is "Invariance and Enlightenment" and though I normally do not use other people's images on my posts I felt this one was an appropriate visual to my message.

You can sit in stone and do the same thing you've always done, and get the same thing you've always gotten. Or, you can let go and release the fear of not having that which you desire. You will find that when you let go of what you consider precious, what you gain is something more precious to you than you could have realized.

“He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.” – Muhammed Ali

It is through challenging ourselves, casting off our safety nets and protective gear that we can grow and genuinely receive truth and light into our lives.

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always gotten.

Actions speak louder than words.

“Action will remove the doubt that theory cannot solve.” – Petryl Hsieh

Be the change you want to see in the world.

“I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.” – Confucius

"Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results" - Albert Einstein

It is not possible to grow if you are comfortable - necessity is the mother of invention not just in physical objects but in the way we think and live.

“You must do the thing you think you cannot do.” – Eleanor Roosevelt

“One day your life will flash before your eyes. Make sure it’s worth watching.” – Unknown

"We can't all see things the same way, but we should all see them for ourselves" -Ri

"We're all searcing for something we may never find, but I'll give you my best if you give me yours." -Ri

No comments:

Post a Comment